Council regularly tests and monitors water quality in Eurobodalla Shire to ensure community health and safety. Numerous sampling programs are undertaken which include drinking water supply, recycled water monitoring, beachwatch and estuary health.
- Eurobodalla Beachwatch: we regularly sample 11 popular beaches to assess water quality at popular swimming locations.
- Drinking water quality summaries: Council monitors drinking water quality to ensure it is safe to drink.
- Estuary health and water quality monitoring: this program focuses on the health of Eurobodalla Shire's six main estuaries.
Wastewater at home
- On-site sewage management systems: OSSMs treat and disperse wastewater and need to be maintained for the protection of public health and the environment.
- Stormwater and your property: Flooding and nuisance from stormwater can sometimes cause issues for neighbouring properties.
- Greywater and your property: Greywater is the wastewater from your shower, bath, hand basin, laundry tub and washing machine. There are different ways you can reuse greywater safely.