Rates make up 55% of Eurobodalla Council's funds, and are used to pay for infrastructure and services for the community. This includes construction and maintenance of local roads and bridges, swimming pools and boat ramps, libraries and sporting fields.
Your rates include a General Rate and Environmental Levy. Each of these are made up of two parts:
- a base charge, which is the same for all ratepayers
- a variable 'rate in the dollar' amount that is based on your land value, which has been calculated by the NSW Valuer General.
These amounts are shown on your Rates and Charges Notice. Your notices also include any other annual charges you incur, such as water, sewerage and garbage collection.
This financial year the General Rate and Environmental Levy increased by 0.7% plus a new population growth factor of 1% as approved by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal. This brings the total rate peg for this year to 1.7%. Find out how your rates are calculated and what they pay for:
- If you are eligible for the pensioner rebate it is shown on your Rates and Charges Notice.
- If it is not on your notice but you think you might be eligible for the rebate, please phone our rates hotline on 4474 1355.
Financial hardship relief
- If you are experiencing financial hardship and the rated property is your main place of residence, you may be able to apply for hardship relief.
- To find out if you are eligible, phone us on 4474 1355.
Get electronic rates notices
Sign up to receive your rates notice electronically. It's convenient and saves paper.
- If you have a question about your rates, please phone us on 02 4474 1355.
- If you have a general Council question or request phone us on 02 4474 1000 or use our online feedback form.