Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
This advisory committee to Council plays a pivotal role in our governance framework. The committee provides independent assurance and assistance to the Council on risk management, control, governance and external accountability responsibilities. It:
- provides independent oversight and monitors Council's audit processes, including internal control activities
- has no executive powers unless such powers are delegated to it by the Council
- is directly responsible and accountable to the Council for the exercise of its powers and responsibilities.
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee achieves its independence by having a majority of independent members (external to Council and its operations) and two councillors.
- Provide independent assurance and assistance to the Eurobodalla Shire Council on risk management, control, governance and external accountability responsibilities.
- Provide information to the Council for the purpose of improving the Council's performance of its functions.
- Keep these aspects of the Council's operations under review:
- Risk management
- Fraud control
- Financial management
- Implementation of the strategic plan, delivery program and strategies
- Service reviews
- Collection of performance measurement data by the council
- Any other matters prescribed by the regulations.
Terms of reference
- Read the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee's terms of reference
- Download the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee's terms of reference (312.4 KB)
- Download the guidelines for meeting practice for all committees (235.4 KB)
- Mr Kim Gillis AM, Independent Member (Chair)
- Mr David Anderson, Independent Member
- Mr Grant Doran, Independent Member
- Councillor David Grace
- Councillor Tubby Harrison
- General Manager
- Internal auditor
- Chief Financial Officer
- External auditor
Contact Council for more information about the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee:
- T: 4474 1000
- E: email@example.com