Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee is an advisory committee to Council. It plays a pivotal role in the governance framework by providing Council with independent oversight and monitoring of Council's audit processes, including the internal control activities.
The Committee achieves its independence by having a majority of independent members, external to Council and its operations, and two councillors. It has no executive powers unless such powers are delegated to it by the Council. The committee is directly responsible and accountable to the Council for the exercise of its powers and responsibilities.
The Committee's objective
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee's objective is to provide independent assurance and assistance to the Council on risk management, control, governance and external accountability responsibilities.
- Mr Mark Barraclough, Independent Member
- Mr David Anderson, Independent Member
- Mr Kim Gillis AM, Independent Member
- Phil Constable, Councillor
- Lindsay Brown, Councillor
- Dr Catherine Dale, General Manager
- Scott Westbury, Chief Financial Officer