Waste management facilities
Council operates three waste management facilities at Surf Beach, Brou, and Moruya.
- All three facilities accept solid waste.
- Surf Beach Waste Management Facility also accepts problem waste at the Community Recycling Centre, free of charge.
- Fees apply at all sites. Contactless payment is preferred.
- Limits apply at Moruya Transfer Station.
- Council requires everyone to follow the NSW Government COVID-19 rules and regulations.
Opening hours and fees
Opening hours, locations, and fee details of Council's waste management facilities at Surf Beach, Moruya, and Brou.
Community Recycling Centre
Not all household waste can go in your kerbside bins. Visit our Community Recycling Centre at Surf Beach Waste Management Facility to drop off problem waste, all year round, for free.
Materials accepted at the tips for free
Council's waste management facilities will accept, for free:
- separated steel (including whitegoods), metals
- vehicle batteries, household batteries
- expanded polystyrene
- empty clean chemical drums (drumMuster)
- domestic quantities of co-mingled recycling (paper, cardboard, plastic containers, bottles, cans etc,)
- cooking oil, motor oil and empty motor oil containers
- mobile phones
- fluorescent light globes/tubes
- TVs and computers.
If you need more information about any of our waste management facilities, please contact Waste Services:
- T: 4474 1024
- E: Council's Waste Services