Waste management facilities
Council operates three waste management facilities at Surf Beach, Brou, and Moruya.
Tips are open to the public from 11 October 2021
From Monday 11 October 2021:
- All waste management facilities will reopen to the public.
- All drivers are to stay in their vehicles until they have been served by an attendant.
- Visitors should expect long queues and are asked to be patient and to consider delaying their visit for a few days.
- In line with the COVID roadmap, it is a condition of entry that people are vaccinated, wear a mask and check in using the Service NSW QR code.
- Contactless payment preferred.
Opening hours and fees
Opening hours, locations, and fee details of Council's waste management facilities at Surf Beach, Moruya, and Brou.
Community Recycling Centre
Not all household waste can go in your kerbside bins. Visit our Community Recycling Centre at Surf Beach Waste Management Facility to drop off problem waste, all year round, for free.
Materials accepted at the tips for free
Council's waste management facilities will accept, for free:
- separated steel (including whitegoods), metals
- vehicle batteries, household batteries
- expanded polystyrene
- empty clean chemical drums (drumMuster)
- domestic quantities of co-mingled recycling (paper, cardboard, plastic containers, bottles, cans etc,)
- cooking oil, motor oil and empty motor oil containers
- mobile phones
- fluorescent light globes/tubes
- TVs and computers.
If you need more information about any of our waste management facilities, please contact Waste Services:
- T: 4474 1024
- E: Council's Waste Services