Family Day Care
Eurobodalla Family Day Care is an approved education and care service that focuses on each child’s unique development, while providing high quality early learning in the educator’s own home or venue. Children aged 0-12 years can be accepted.
Children enjoy play and discovery in small groups of up to seven children where they form genuine lasting bonds with their qualified early childhood educator. You will enjoy peace of mind knowing your child is happy in a nurturing and flexible home learning environment.
As the approved service provider, Council assesses, supports, and develops every educator in the network. Your child’s safety, care and respect is paramount.
Since 1990, Eurobodalla Family Day Care has provided unique, flexible and family-focused experiences. Each educator’s environment is as individual as the educator who owns it.
Family Day Care is open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Care outside these hours is available and will be charged at non-standard rates.
As the peak state and national family day care bodies say: family day care isn’t just the right choice – it’s the natural one.
Frequently asked questions
Educators are early childhood education and care professionals engaged as self-employed business operators. They work under the NSW Department of Education licence approval held by Eurobodalla Shire Council. Educators align their business practices to the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and operate within the requirements of the National Quality Framework.
To provide a safe educational environment for children, all educators must:
- be registered with Eurobodalla Family Day Care as the approved service
- hold a minimum Certificate III education and care qualification
- meet national quality standards which include individualised learning programs, safe and hygienic learning environments, record keeping and qualifications
- maintain current first aid and CPR certificates and training in the emergency management of asthma and anaphylaxis
- pass an Australian Working with Children Check along with all members of their household over 18 years of age
- participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by their approved service
- attend training, meetings and workshops periodically to maintain currency of skills and knowledge
- maintain current public liability insurance coverage.
Family Day Care fees vary depending on the educator, as each of our educators operate their own service and set their own fees.
Eligible families using Family Day Care are able to access child care subsidy, rebates and tax benefits to assist with the costs of child care.
Families can make a claim for childcare subsidy through Services Australia by:
Meet our educators
Become a Family Day Care educator
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own business, working from home, and working in the early childhood sector? Your Family Day Care business can allow you to care for your child at home while you earn an income. You can choose the hours you work, how many children you provide care for and decide your fees. Most importantly, you will be supported every step of the way by our Children's Services Coordination Team.
Combine your passion for early childhood education with the opportunity to create a rewarding and flexible career as a professional Family Day Care educator. By joining our team, you will be encouraged by a network of like-minded educators and team members, while enjoying both the challenges and flexibility of running your own business.
Eurobodalla Family Day Care educators are supported to operate as many days and evenings as they wish. Our service is unique in its approval to operate 24 hours 7 days a week.
We have extensive experience in establishing effective relationships with our educators, building excellence in all areas of management and operation. From innovative training and one-on-one support to online technologies keeping you involved, we are always looking to support our educators.
Attention renters: Don't panic! We have you covered. Contact our coordination team for more information.
To ensure the highest possible quality of education and care for all children attending our services, we require:
- a minimum Certificate III in Education and Care approved by Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- a First Aid Certificate and Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- an Australian Working with Children Check for all adults residing in your home
- a National Criminal History check
- Family Day Care Public Liability Insurance prior to commencing your service
- prior experience working with children; preferably early childhood education
- an understanding and willingness to adhere to the National Quality Framework (NQF)
- passion about children's rights including the right to play
- a professional approach to business practice and client confidentiality
- positive guidance of children's behaviour
- diverse and inclusive practices
- our philosophy where children engage with the outdoors and natural educational experiences to be embraced
- a collaborative working approach
- compliance with Council's Children's Services policies and procedures
- ongoing professional development and completion of administration tasks through technology.
Family Day Care educators are fully supported by our coordination team. The team will:
- process enrolment applications
- manage payments
- keep you updated with industry issues
- provide one-on-one support over the phone or via email
- make home visits to support your daily operations
- organise tailored training.
The team has your back every step of the way.
To learn more about becoming an educator, complete the registration form:
Once your form has been received, one of our friendly coordination team members will be in touch to:
- arrange a home assessment for suitability
- send you a New Educator package
- let you know about the next induction session at Council.
Coordination team and services
Our professional and experienced team monitors and supports educators to provide a high-quality education and care service that meets the needs of the children and families. Eurobodalla Family Day Care is approved by the Australian government to administer Child Care Subsidy (CCS) on behalf of families. CCS is a government program that offers reduced fees to families. Eligibility is determined by Services Australia.
Our team will:
- deal with queries and concerns from educators and families
- administer CCS and other government subsidies such as the jobs, education, and training program (JET)
- support educators in their role and the development of their business
- plan and present professional development opportunities
- process payments to educators
- discuss families needs and offer choices in educators (if possible)
- support families through the enrolment process
- deliver community activities and events
- provide relevant information, ideas and resources through social media, newsletters, and other communication channels.
For more information please contact Children's Services:
- T: 4474 7333
- E: Children's Services