Family Day Care
Our Family Day Care is a network of experienced and passionate education and care professionals providing a unique, flexible and family focused experience.
Established in 1990 and guided by a national framework, Eurobodalla Family Day Care provides quality education and care for children up to 12 years of age in the homes of approved Family Day Care educators.
- Educators provide safe, secure and stimulating education and care services in a small home-based environment for your children. This allows the opportunity for you and your children to develop a close and personalised relationship with your educator.
- Our educators are self-employed business operators working under the licence approval held by Eurobodalla Shire Council. Educators are monitored and supported by early-childhood professionals at Council’s co-ordination unit at Moruya
- Eurobodalla Family Day Care exceeds the National Quality Standards for education and care and will be the perfect choice for your child and family.
Frequently asked questions
Family Day Care is a flexible service that can be tailored to your childcare needs and is available to all families. It provides:
- full time, part time and casual care
- care for children of shift workers
- before & after school care
- vacation care
- respite, and
- weekend overnight and out of normal hours care.
Family Day Care is open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Care outside these hours is available and will be charged at non-standards rates.
Before an applicant is registered as an Educator they must:
- Undertake a strict selection, screening and training process.
- Have appropriate, approved and current Public Liability Insurance.
- Pass an Australian Working With Children Check along with all members of their household over 18 years of age.
- Educators and their homes must meet Council's Home Safety standards.
- Participate in an assessment and rating process under the National Education and Care Regulations and Law.
- Agree to comply with Children's Services Policies and Procedures.
- Meet all WH&S obligations for business.
- Demonstrate the skills and qualities that are important when caring for children.
- Educators must be qualified at a minimum in Certificate III in Children's Services.
Eurobodalla Family Day Care fees vary depending on the educator, because each of our educators operate their own service and set their own fees.
For detailed information about child care subsidies, rebates and tax benefits, visit the Services Australia website.
Families can make child care subsidy claims through Services Australia by:
If you are looking for a rewarding career and you enjoy the company of children then Family Day Care may be right for you. It offers:
- a way to earn a financially rewarding income from home.
- the ability to set work hours and days that suit you and your family.
- companionship for your children.
- a new career or a career change.
- a way to make a positive difference to the lives of families in our community.
- inclusion in a friendly, dedicated team that will help guide you in your new business and mentor you with training and professional development.
Qualifications and qualities
You will need to have early childhood qualification such as a Certificate III in Children's Services or higher or be willing to study. You will need to be physically and emotionally able to care for young children and must be able to:
- plan and provide play-based learning experiences for children 0-12.
- guide children's behaviour in positive ways.
- form ongoing partnerships to effectively communicate and work cooperatively and positively with coordination unit staff, parents, children and other Educators.
- accept diversity, inclusive practices and to be respectful of all families including cultural or religious practices, disabilities and additional needs.
- provide a safe, hygienic and healthy environment for children.
- learn and develop new skills through a variety of professional development opportunities and to participate in a range of scheme activities.
- conduct your business professionally and to respect client confidentiality.
- understand and complete administration tasks and to be able to respond to ongoing support and direction from the scheme.
Our Family Day Care Educators provide nurturing care and stimulating play environments for children.
If you are aged 18 years or older, you can apply join the Eurobodalla Family Day Care Educator team by:
- becoming suitably qualified by attaining at a minimum a Certificate III in Children's Services.
- contacting the Children's Services Co-ordination Unit to obtain a New Educator Package.
- arranging a time with a Children's Services Coordinator or nominated supervisor to visit your home to ensure it is a safe environment suitable for day care. The Coordinator will suggest any necessary safety improvements.
- completing and return the application form.
- ensuring all adults residing in your home complete an Australian Working with Children Check.
- attaining a First Aid Certificate and Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate.
- attending orientation sessions at the Family Day Care office.
- obtaining Family Day Care Public Liability Insurance prior to children commencing your service.
Coordination unit staff and services
Our Coordination unit is staffed by qualified and experienced early childhood professionals who:
- provide families with information regarding Family Day Care and guidance in selecting a care environment suited to their needs.
- select, train and provide ongoing professional development opportunities for educators.
- strive to meet childcare standards and continuously improve practices.
- administer the enrolment process.
- administer Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and other government subsidies such as the Jobs, Education and Training Program (JET).
- deliver community activities and events.
- provide relevant information, ideas and resources through social media, newsletters and other communication channels.
- promote networking opportunities within the community.
General information and brochures
For more information please contact Children's Services:
- T: 4474 7333
- E: Children's Services