Digital roadshow connects people with technology
Published: 27 February 2023
Teresa Lever reckons staying on top of technological change is key and the upcoming Eurobodalla Digital Connectivity Roadshow is a great opportunity for businesses and residents to do just that.
The manager of economic development said Eurobodalla Council was hosting digital service and infrastructure providers nbn, Telstra and the Regional Tech Hub, with a series of presentations and drop-in sessions at five locations across the shire in early March.
“Digital connectivity is an all-encompassing term to describe mobile and internet services,” Ms Lever said.
“The roadshow gives residents and businesses information on network improvements and how to use these to improve their own connectivity, while also showcasing the latest in tech.”
While reliable internet and mobile services are particularly critical to regional Australians, regional NSW continues to fall behind the national average of 71 (out of 100) on the Australian Digital Inclusion Index. Ms Lever said there was still plenty of work to be done but recent efforts had been paying off.
“In the 12 months between 2020 and 2021 Eurobodalla’s index score increased from 57.0 to 64,” she said.
“Council will continue to advocate improved telecommunications infrastructure as part of our economic development strategies.”
Information and drop-in sessions will be held at:
- Monday 6 March at 6pm – Mogo Village Chamber, presentation
- Tuesday 7 March from 11am-3pm – Village Centre, Batemans Bay, drop-in session
- Wednesday 8 March from 8-11am – Boomerang Place, Mogo, public drop in session
- Wednesday 8 March from 6-7pm – Corrigans Cove, Batemans Bay, presentation
- Thursday 9 March from 8-9am – Small Hall, Tilba, presentation
- Thursday 9 March from 10am-10m – Large Hall, Tilba, drop-in session
- Thursday 9 March from 6-7pm – Lynch’s Hotel, Narooma Chamber of Commerce, presentation
Ms Lever said anyone was welcome to come along to the drop-in sessions but bookings were required for the presentations. For more information visit Council's events or contact Teresa Lever on 4474 1271 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss out on Council news and events, subscribe to our monthly email newsletter.