Permanent water conservation measures
To ensure our future water supply and avoid the introduction of water restrictions, it is important to conserve water at all times throughout the year.
Council recommends households and businesses adopt the following outdoor-use water practices during permanent water conservation measures:
- Use water between 4pm and 10am only, using hand-held hoses, drip-irrigation systems, fixed sprinklers or micro-spray systems.
- Only wash hard surfaces (paths, decks, driveways) with a trigger-nozzle hose when cleaning up after dangerous spills, prior to painting, or removing growths of algae or moss.
- Wash private vehicles, boats and flush motors on grass areas where possible using buckets and a final rinse with a trigger nozzle hose at any time.
- Cover private swimming pools and external spas when not in use.
- Washing boats and trailers at boat ramps is always prohibited.
For more information phone 1800 441 070.