Workshops and resources
We work with local and regional business support providers to offer skill-building workshops and activities for local businesses throughout the year.
- You can find more events and training on the business.gov.au website.
- For tips and resources about starting or running a business in Eurobodalla, including contacts for local business chambers, visit our small business assistance page
- business.gov.au: Offers simple and convenient access to government information, forms and services you need. This website also provides essential information on planning, starting and growing your business.
- business.gov.au checklists: Information designed to help you start your business such as how to develop a business and marketing plan, how to create a budget and starting a business checklist.
- business.gov.au home-based businesses: Information about setting up a home-based business in New South Wales such as how to balance your work and lifestyle, where to find support and your tax, insurance and licence obligations.
- NSW Government Fair Trading - Business Structures: Information about different business structures and specific requirements relating to each type of structure.
Business name and ABN
- NSW Government Fair Trading - Business Names: National business name register information and useful contacts.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC): How to register your business name and support for business names.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission - before you start: Useful information to help you prepare to register, manage and protect your business name.
- Not everyone is entitled to an Australian Business Number (ABN). These websites provide you with information about whether you qualify and how to apply for an ABN:
Business tax obligations
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO): For all matters related to your business taxation, including applying for a Tax File Number (TFN), lodging a Business Activity Statement (BAS), updating your business details and obtaining taxation forms.
- business.gov.au: Check if your business needs to register for the Goods and Services Tax (GST). This website also provides information about GST concessions for small businesses, GST credits, GST turnover and tax invoices.
Domain name registration
A business' domain name is your address on the internet and gives you an online identity or brand.
A domain name is a valuable part of your business identity and an important marketing tool.
- To purchase a domain name that ends with .com.au or .net.au you must be a commercial entity and have either an ACN or ABN.
- Visit .au Domain Administration Ltd for a list of registrars that are authorised to provide domain name registration services. Specific services and fee schedules may vary from one registrar to another.
Intellectual property and trademarks
Intellectual property is the property of your mind or proprietary knowledge, such as an invention or brand.
- Australian Government IP Australia - Understanding Intellectual Property: Information about understanding intellectual property and trademarks and how you can protect your trademark.
- business.gov.au - Events and Training: workshops, networking events, and webinars to help you improve your business skills and grow your network.
- Eurobodalla Council: workshops and at-your-own-pace resources on a range of topics.
- Australian Business Financing Centre - Australian Government Grants and Loans: Information about business grants and loans available to small businesses. Small business grants can help you buy new equipment, renovate or grow your business through marketing and advertising. Access this website to expand, or even launch, your small business. Small business grants from the NSW or Australian Government can be yours simply by applying.
- Southern Region Business Enterprise Centre: The aim of this organisation is to help businesses become more sustainable, to generate more employment opportunities and to assist young people with their career and educational journey. The organisation has a team of business adviser and specialist partners who provide general business advice and support to owners at all stages of the business lifecycle.
- Regional Development Australia - Far South Coast: Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a national network of committees consisting of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the development of their regions. RDA Far South Coast develops partnerships with all levels of government and communities to enhance the growth and development of the south coast to build a connected, innovative and sustainable region.
- NSW Department of Treasury - Business in NSW: For people starting or growing a small business. This website includes business advisory services, success stories and information about planning and starting a new business in New South Wales.
For free, confidential business advice, you can contact the Business Advisory Service, Manager Illawarra ITeC, South Coast:
- T: 02 4423 3417
- M: 0402 900 999
- E: llawarra ITeC
You can also chat to a business adviser or expert online or over the phone at:
A business broker will help you search for a business that may suit based on your requirements, so you don't have to waste time reviewing businesses that are inappropriate or outside your budget. They also assist both the seller and the buyer during the negotiations of the business purchase.
Purchasing an existing business has many advantages:
- There is immediate cash flow.
- The time-consuming start-up work is already done.
- Existing staff have experience and knowledge to share with you.
- The market for the product or service and client base is established.
- Existing equipment and plant is often well below start-up replacement cost.
These agents can help if you are looking to purchase an existing business in Eurobodalla Shire:
- Clarke-Walker Caravan Park Brokers Pty Ltd
Narooma Crescent, Narooma NSW 2546
T: 02 4476 1001
- Grant Business Broking Australia
Narooma NSW 2546
T: 0409 449 045
- Tony Berry and Associates
Mid Town Arcade, Narooma NSW 2546
T: 02 4476 1000
- Seek Commercial
Shopping centre space
There are a number of opportunities to lease stores of various sizes and to suit a number of purposes at the following shopping centres in Eurobodalla:
- Village Centre and Bridge Plaza
1 Perry Street, Batemans Bay NSW 2536
T: 02 4472 1466
- Narooma Plaza Shopping Centre
Centre management is located at 183 Princes Highway, Narooma NSW 2546
T: 02 4476 4180
Recruitment and job services
- Campbell Page: Employment services provider operating locally. Campbell Page also provide a disability employment service.
T: 1300 139 920
- Recruitflex: Recruitflex specialise in providing staff and finding jobs across industries including cleaning, construction, traffic control, community care (including nursing and NDIS) and child care in both skilled and unskilled roles across New South Wales.
T: 1300 750 820
- Wesley Uniting Employment: Local employment services provider, Wesley Uniting, also offer meaningful employment and training opportunities in a range of commercial and business services for people with disabilities.
T: 02 4476 3848 or 1800 631 132
- MBC Employment Services: MBC provide personalised one-on-one support services to help you find and keep a job, depending on your individual circumstances and needs.
T: 02 4472 3467
- Drake International: International recruitment firm for a range of industries.
T: 13 14 48
- Kestrel Recruitment: Recruitment and employment firm supporting regional employers and jobseekers.
T: 1300 337 870
- Max Solutions: Specialising in recruitment for employees with disabilities or receiving a disability support pension.
T: 1800 625 350
- Programmed: A national network of recruitment agencies.
T: 1300 366 606
- Eurobodalla Employment Revolution: Afree Council service connecting young job-seekers with local employment and training opportunities.
T: 4474 7380
For more information about our online industry development sessions, or if you would like to suggest other topics to be considered in future sessions, please contact:
Teresa Lever, Manager Economic Development and Place Activation:
- T: 02 4474 1271
- M: 0458 459 863
- E: Teresa Lever