Becoming a parent can be one of the most exciting times of your life, but it can also be a challenging experience. We are here to support you on journey into parenthood with our Embracing Babies program.
Embracing Babies is an informal play program to help Eurobodalla mums, dads and carers of infants and babies. It offers support, education and social connections for families in a welcoming atmosphere, at a location that suits you.
In-person meetings return
Embracing Babies groups are now meeting in-person. Numbers are limited to comply with rules for gatherings and for everyone's safety we ask group members to follow NSW Government guidelines by:
- staying 1.5 metres apart from others
- washing hands thoroughly before and after attending
- using the hand sanitiser provided
- registering details
- staying home if feeling unwell.
How Embracing Babies works
When you join Embracing Babies, you will have opportunities to meet other parents and carers and participate in learning activities. You can also connect with local support services such as playgroups, healthcare and childcare providers.
Once a fortnight over ten weeks, your area's Embracing Babies group will catch up over morning or afternoon tea to:
- learn how to play and connect with your baby
- build new friendships with parents and carers near you
- learn about your child's behaviour and communication patterns
- hear from early childhood professionals and service providers.
After the ten-week program, we encourage group members to stay in touch to continue sharing information and socialise.
We are forming new Embracing Babies groups right now. To join in complete the online registration and one of our friendly team members will be in touch.