Save water and energy at work
Save water, save money
Council offers free installations of certain water saving devices for businesses, including hose spray guns, pre-rinse spray gun heads, tap flow restrictors and showerheads.
You are eligible for the program if:
- you are a business or organisation located in the Eurobodalla Shire
- the property is supplied by Council's mains water.
The program does not apply to new buildings or renovations, and these free devices are to replace existing equipment with higher flow characteristics.
Read the Expression of Interest form for details about the program, including terms and conditions:
Saving energy at work
Here are some simple ways you can reduce your energy costs at your workplace or business:
- Switch off computers, monitors and electrical equipment at the end of each day.
- Switch off lights in areas that are not being used.
- Switch to energy efficient lighting.
- Replace air conditioning units more than ten years old.
- Fix leaks in compressed air systems.
- Install smart building controls to automatically switch off lights and air-conditioning systems.
- Use variable speed drive to control air conditioner fans.
- Increase the temperature setting when cooling your space.
If you work from home, check out the Australian Government's Home-based Business Guide for home-based offices, tradies, and anyone who operates all or part of their business from home.
The guide gives practical and realistic tips that cover everything from reducing household power use, to choosing and running motor vehicles:
- Home-based Business Guide - Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources website.
Incentives and resources
- The NSW Government provides information on energy management, as well as access to discounts and incentives for businesses to reduce energy use and save on power bills. You can take advantage of several schemes, which include subsidies for new appliances and equipment:
- The Energy Savings Scheme reduces energy consumption in NSW by providing financial incentives for businesses to invest in energy savings activities:
- Energy basics for business provides you with information such as: understanding and managing your power bills; selecting energy-efficient appliances and technology and how to use them efficiently; and finding the best energy deals:
- EnergyCut provides you with information about how to save money on your business' energy bills:
We can help you
If you need more information about saving energy, please contact Council's Sustainability Team on:
- T: 4474 1310
- E: Council's Sustainability Team