Accessible and inclusive Eurobodalla
Council is working to improve access and inclusion for residents and visitors. A good measure of inclusion is when residents and visitors are able to take part in community and civic life.
Council sets out how we aim to achieve this in our disability inclusion action plan.
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan (3.9 MB)
- Easy English version of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan (5.1 MB)
In Australia, one in five people have a form of disability. Community members with a disability can face barriers accessing services, activities and facilities. People may also have language and attitudinal barriers in finding more information on accessibility and how to access services. Resources to help improve accessibility and inclusion are listed on this page.
- Printable access and inclusion poster (676 KB)
- Premises self assessment checklist (260 KB)
- Accessibility checklist for accommodation providers (129 KB)
- NSW Government: Disability and inclusion
- Web Accessibility Initiative: Web content accessibility guidelines
- Australian Network on Disability: Support for organisations to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
- National Relay Service: for people who are deaf or have difficulty hearing or speaking with people using a phone.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): personalised support for people with a disability.
For community groups
- OurCommunity: Resources and training for Australia wide community groups.
- Latrobe Community Health Service: Creating opportunities and support campaigns that celebrate and support people with disability.