We manage 11 cemeteries across the Eurobodalla, each with its own unique characteristics.
Cemeteries are important spaces of cultural, historical, and community value. The monuments of our ancestors provide a history of the nation’s growth and a valuable insight into its development.
Our operating cemeteries are located in:
- Runnyford Road, Nelligen
- Princes Highway, Batemans Bay
- Princes Highway, Mogo
- Dwyers Creek Road, Moruya
- Laidley Avenue, Bodalla
- Nerrigundah Mountain Road, Nerrigundah
- Glasshouse Rocks Road, Narooma
- Haxstead Road, Central Tilba
Burials are offered at each of these cemeteries and inurnment walls are available at Nelligen, Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma.
We also maintain three non-operational cemeteries that are open to visitors:
- MacLean Place, Moruya
- Dwyers Creek Road, Moruya
- Point Parade, Congo
Memorial gardens are not managed by Council. For information please contact directly:
We keep a register of all burials since the mid-1970s. These records are available to the community free of charge and our depot staff can help customers with enquiries about particular individuals.
In the past, individual churches managed and recorded burials in their area. Over time, through mishap, the churches lost many of those records.
In 2020, Council engaged an experienced heritage consultant to complete a Historic Cemeteries Conservation Management Study (more details below), which examined 50 cemeteries, lone burial sites and memorials in Eurobodalla. It contains many of the missing historical burial records.
The Historic Cemeteries Conservation Management Study investigated the heritage significance of historic cemeteries in Eurobodalla in order to contribute to their future planning, conservation and management.
It contains an inventory of 50 cemeteries, lone burial sites and memorials, including the 35 listed in the Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012 and 14 others of historical interest. It includes comments on their significance and condition, and makes recommendations on their management.
The study was prepared for Council by an experienced heritage consultant, with support from the shire's three historical societies and residents. It was adopted by Council on 20 May 2020.
- Historic Cemeteries Conservation Management Study Volume 1 (3.42 MB)
- Historic Cemeteries Conservation Management Study - Inventory Part A (6.21 MB)
- Historic Cemeteries Conservation Management Study - Inventory Part B (3.85 MB)
- Historic Cemeteries Conservation Management Study - Inventory Part C (1.9 MB)
For information about reservations, burials, fees, monument permits and burial records at Council-managed cemeteries, please phone the nearest depot:
- Batemans Bay depot: 02 4472 4035
- Moruya depot: 02 4474 1391
- Narooma depot: 02 4476 4144