Restoring our infrastructure
The bushfires impacted 80 per cent of the Eurobodalla Shire, damaging lots of Council’s essential infrastructure, such as bridges and sewer facilities.
The Australian and NSW governments are providing funding assistance for much of the rebuilding work associated with transport infrastructure. Restoration of other assets is being funded through Council’s own resources and/or insurance claims.
We are working continually to restore access and services to help the community get back on track as quickly as possible.
- Clearing 490km of Council roads impacted by fallen or hazardous trees
- Replacing approximately 150 road signs and thousands of guideposts
- Restoring access – Belowra Valley bridges
- Restoring access – Eurobodalla Valley bridges
- Restoring access – northern area bridges
- Replacing guard rail
- Repairing road pavement damage
- Restoring equipment at Mt Wandera telecommunications tower
- Decontaminating and cleaning Batemans Bay Beach Resort
- Restoring town water supply, equipment and facilities
- Repairing equipment at Batemans Bay Sewerage Treatment Plant
- Repairing Rosedale pressure sewer pods
- Rebuilding Batemans Bay SES shed
- Repairing Surf Beach, Moruya and Brou waste facilities
- Rebuilding Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Gardens facilities
- Assessing trees in Council reserves