Transport and Stormwater Program
This program outlines the year’s plan for:
- maintenance grading of unsealed roads
- renewing and upgrading roads, pathways and stormwater systems.
The work is to:
- meet community needs and improve safety
- address network deficiencies and legal requirements
- provide for future development.
The Transport and Stormwater Program for 2022-23 was adopted at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 9 August 2022.
We look after approximately 404km of unsealed roads. We grade each road according to a schedule. The schedule provides a guide for:
- the extent of works
- expected dates grading will begin (weather permitting).
Gravel resheeting is placing extra gravel onto unsealed roads. This process can improve the road surface and reduce the need for grading.
We generally gravel resheet unsealed roads every 10 to 15 years. Scheduling depends on ground conditions, rainfall, drainage, terrain, hierarchy and traffic.
Roads on this year's gravel resheeting program are:
- Araluen Road
- Belowra Road
- Bengello Beach Road
- Cadgee Mountain Road
- Donovans Creek Road
- Goldfields Drive
- Hawdons Road
- Maulbrooks Road
- Old Bolaro Road
- Old Nelligen Road
- Onslow Close
- Percy Davis Drive
- Phyllis Price Drive
- Punkalla Tilba Road
- River Road, Runnyford Road
- Sunnyside Road
- Wagonga Scenic Drive
- Waincourt Road
We resurface sealed roads to extend the life of the road pavement. It also helps reduce maintenance costs and is important for road safety.
We aim to reseal bitumen roads every 10-15 years and asphalt every 15-18 years.
We regularly inspect the road network. This annual program focuses on treating roads to:
- manage the risk to the public
- improve road safety
- minimise the risk of pavement failure.
We rebuild urban roads to renew and strengthen ageing road pavements. These projects address road conditions and stormwater issues.
Our annual program aims to improve the equity of service across the Eurobodalla.
This year's urban roads reconstruction program includes sections of these roads:
- Costin Street, Narooma
- Nelson Parade, Tuross Head
- Baringa Crescent, Malua Bay
- Merinda Street, Malua Bay
We try to extend the life of our roads by rehabilitating sections that are deteriorating. Work involves removing soil from under the road and replacing it with more suitable material. We then place a sealed road surface over the top.
This year's rehabilitation program includes sections of these roads:
- Carramar Drive, Malua Bay
- George Bass Drive, Sunshine Bay
- Church Street, Moruya
- Campbell Street, Moruya
- Ford Street, Moruya
- Various locations - heavy patching to target the increase in road defects
We rebuild sections of rural roads to improve road safety and functionality, and to address capacity issues. Developer contributions are often used to fund these projects.
This year's rural roads reconstruction program includes sections of these roads:
- River Road, Nelligen
- Ridge Road, Tilba
- Wagonga Scenic Drive, Narooma
- Tomakin Road
We are continually expanding the network of footpaths and shared pathways. The Eurobodalla Pathways Strategy helps us to identify locations and prioritise new paths.
This year's pathways capital program includes sections of these roads:
- Edward Road, Batehaven
- Denhams Beach
- Noble Parade, Dalmeny
- Northcove Road, Long Beach
- Sylvan Street, Malua Bay
- Sunpatch Parade, Tomakin
- Costin Street, Narooma
We will continue to pursue additional grant funding to further supplement pathway works.
We install infrastructure to manage urban stormwater runoff. We design systems to provide positive outcomes for the local environment and community.
We plan to provide new stormwater infrastructure at:
- The Anchorage, South Heads to provide relief to the residents from the direct discharge of stormwater onto their land
- Mackay Park, Batemans Bay to extend the stormwater system from the new facilities
- Beach Road and Flora Crescent, Batemans Bay to begin the required new stormwater scheme for this area.
For more information, please contact us:
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: email@example.com