A man's hand holding a pen and notebook next to a laptop computer screen banner image

Step 3: Prepare your DA

The Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure (DPHI) has outlined the application requirements for development to help you prepare your DA and supporting documents:

Required supporting documents

You'll need to submit certain supporting documents with your DA. To check what you need, type the name of the relevant checklist that applies to your development in the search bar on our forms web page:

  • Development application - DA – (residential/alterations and/or additions)
  • Development application - DA – (use of existing unapproved building or works)
  • Development application - DA – (commercial, industrial, or change of use)

You can also find other Council supporting documents by typing the name of the form in the search bar on our forms web page:

Other supporting documents

The type of supporting documents you need to submit with your DA will depend on your proposal and site and may include: