In NSW, local councils are not medical authorities, so it is important to get information about COVID-19 from the NSW Government (including NSW Health, the Southern NSW Local Health District, and the NSW Premier).
- Decisions relating to business and border restrictions will be made by the NSW and Australian governments.
- Links to relevant websites are available on this page, along with information about Council services.
- Eurobodalla Council is following the NSW Premier's advice about COVID-19 safety, with the aim of maintaining a balance of community safety and social wellbeing.
For information about COVID-19
- NSW Government: all current COVID-19 rules
- NSW Health: NSW testing clinics
- NSW Health: information for people exposed to COVID-19
- NSW Health: self-isolation and managing COVID-19
- SNSWLHD: local updates and announcements
Statistics and helpline
- NSW Health: daily statistics including sewage surveillance testing
- Australian Government 24-hour helpline: 1800 020 080
Information about Council services
Essential services such as household bin collection, water, sewer, and administrative services are operating as usual.
From Friday 25 February 2022, wearing masks to visit Council facilities is not mandated.
Masks are still encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance to protect vulnerable people who also need to access Council premises and services.
Rates, water, bins:
- Check your rates notices
- Pay your rates or water bill online using BPay or with your credit card over the phone: 13 18 16
- Request a replacement for missing or damaged household bins, or additional bins: 4474 1024
- Report a missed bin collection: 4445 7901
Apply for something:
- Apply for grants
- Apply for water rebates
- View and submit tenders
- Apply for jobs at Council
- Find the application form you need
Development and planning:
- Apply for planning certificates and Development Applications
- Track your Development Application
- Ask us your planning questions: 4474 1231
For local businesses:
- Apply for financial assistance via Service NSW
- Use the Service NSW disaster assistance finder for other support
- Find out about and register for bushfire clean-up
- Find out about rebuilding and repairing after bushfire
- Raise a customer service request online, by phoning 4474 1000, or by emailing Council
- Find the phone number for a particular service
- Find out how to join or watch on our Council Meetings page.
- You can also contact councillors by phone or email.
The safety and wellbeing of our community and staff is always Council’s number one priority.
Most Council customer service areas and public facilities are open. Essential services continue to operate, and you can carry out your business with us online or over the phone.
- Some staff members who can work remotely or from home are being supported to do so.
- Staff who cannot work from home must follow COVID safety plans relevant to their worksite.
- We have increased disinfectant cleaning at our main offices and facilities.
- Public toilet cleaning schedules continue unchanged. We don’t supply soap dispensers in public toilets because of the cost of frequent vandalism. Please use your personal hand sanitiser.
- NSW Sewage Surveillance Program: 52 sewage treatment plants in NSW, including Batemans Bay, provide samples to NSW Health to test for COVID-19. Testing can provide early warning of an increase in infections.
Links to more COVID information and advice
Please take your information and advice from government health authorities.
For health information, statistics and resources
- NSW Health: information and updates about COVID-19
- NSW Health: Daily COVID-19 update
- Australian Department of Health: information and updates about COVID-19
For updates and advice/instructions
- Southern NSW Local Health District's facebook page: information and updates for Southern NSW
- NSW Government: current rules, testing, and isolation
- Australian Government: announcements compiled on the Australian Department of Health website
For financial support
- Australian Treasury: support for businesses and households
- Service NSW: help for NSW small businesses