In NSW, local councils are not medical authorities, so it is important to get information about COVID-19 from the NSW Government (including NSW Health, the Southern NSW Local Health District, and the NSW Premier).
- Decisions relating to business and border restrictions will be made by the NSW and Australian governments.
- Links to relevant websites are available on this page, along with information about Council services.
- Eurobodalla Council is following the NSW Premier's advice about COVID-19 safety, with the aim of maintaining a balance of community safety and social wellbeing.
For information about COVID-19
- NSW Government: all current COVID-19 rules
- NSW Health: NSW testing clinics
- NSW Health: information for people exposed to COVID-19
- NSW Health: self-isolation and managing COVID-19
- SNSWLHD: local updates and announcements
Statistics and helpline
- NSW Health: daily statistics including sewage surveillance testing
- Australian Government 24-hour helpline: 1800 020 080
Information about Council services
Essential services such as household bin collection, water, sewer, and most administrative services are operating as usual.
Most of Council's customer service buildings are all open, with masks required in indoor areas.
From Friday 25 February 2022, wearing masks to visit Council facilities is not mandated, but still encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance to protect vulnerable people who must access Council premises and services.
Rates, water, bins:
- Check your rates notices
- Pay your rates or water bill online using BPay or with your credit card over the phone: 13 18 16
- Request a replacement for missing or damaged household bins, or additional bins: 4474 1024
- Report a missed bin collection: 4474 8333
Apply for something:
- Apply for grants
- Apply for water rebates
- View and submit tenders
- Apply for jobs at Council
- Find the application form you need
Development and planning:
- Apply for planning certificates and Development Applications
- Track your Development Application
- Ask us your planning questions: 4474 1231
For local businesses:
- Apply for financial assistance via Service NSW
- Apply for the Development Application (DA) Fee Rebate for bushfire rebuilds
- Use the Service NSW disaster assistance finder for other support
- Find out about clean-up schedules on the NSW Bushfire Clean-Up Info Hub
- Find mental health support options through Coordinare's dedicated website
- Find out about rebuilding and repairing after bushfire
For now, Council meetings are being held on video chat software and webcast online.
- Find out how to join or watch on our Council Meetings page.
- Public access sessions are also held using web chat software. Visit our public access sessions page for dates and how to participate.
- You can contact councillors by phone or email.
The safety and wellbeing of our community and staff is always Council’s number one priority.
Most Council customer service areas and public facilities are open. Essential services continue to operate, and you can carry out your business with us online or over the phone.
- Staff members who can work remotely or from home are being supported to do so.
- Staff who cannot work from home must follow COVID safety plans relevant to their worksite, including split-team arrangements to minimise person-to-person contact.
- We have increased disinfectant cleaning at our main offices and facilities.
- Public toilet cleaning schedules continue unchanged. We don’t supply soap dispensers in public toilets because of the cost of frequent vandalism. Please use your personal hand sanitiser.
- NSW Sewage Surveillance Program: 52 sewage treatment plants in NSW, including Batemans Bay, provide samples to NSW Health to test for COVID-19. Testing can provide early warning of an increase in infections.