In NSW, local councils are not medical authorities, so it is important to get information about COVID-19 from NSW Health (including the Southern NSW Local Health District) and the NSW Premier.
- Decisions relating to business and border restrictions will be made by the NSW and Commonwealth governments.
- Links to relevant websites are available on this page, along with information about Council services.
- Eurobodalla Council is following the NSW Premier's advice about COVID-19 safety. We will continue to review opening or closing facilities in line with that evolving advice - with the aim of maintaining a balance of community safety and social wellbeing.
Information about COVID-19
- Southern NSW Local Health District: COVID-19 status updates
- Southern NSW Local Health District facebook page: local updates and advice
- NSW Health: Daily COVID-19 update
- NSW Health: Find a COVID-19 testing clinic
- NSW Government: What you can and can't do under the rules
- Australian Government 24-hour helpline: 1800 020 080
Information about Council services
Essential services such as household bin collection, water, sewer, and most administrative services are operating as usual.
- Closed: Dr Mackay Community Centre at Moruya remains closed to the public for now.
- Open: All other Council facilities are open to the public.
Most Council facilities are open, but please do not visit if you:
- are unwell or have recently visited a declared COVID-19 hotspot
- can carry out your business with us online or over the phone.
Our administration building at Moruya is open with additional safety measures.
- Visitors must complete a temperature check, record contact details, and sanitise hands on arrival, use card only for payments if possible, not touch the counters, stand behind the lines marked on the floor.
- Duty Officers are available for in-person counter enquiries between 10am and 3pm.
- Please continue to use online and phone services to contact staff where possible.
Rates, water, bins:
- Check your rates notices
- Pay your rates or water bill online using BPay or with your credit card over the phone: 13 18 16
- Request a replacement for missing or damaged household bins, or additional bins: 4474 1024
- Report a missed bin collection: 4474 8333
Apply for something:
- Apply for grants
- Apply for water rebates
- View and submit tenders
- Apply for jobs at Council
- Find the application form you need
Development and planning:
- Apply for planning certificates and Development Applications
- Track your Development Application
- Ask us your planning questions: 4474 1231
For local businesses:
- Apply for financial assistance via Service NSW
- Apply for the Development Application (DA) Fee Rebate for bushfire rebuilds
- Use the Service NSW disaster assistance finder for other support
- Find out about clean-up schedules on the NSW Bushfire Clean-Up Info Hub
- Find mental health support options through Coordinare's dedicated website
- Find out about rebuilding and repairing after bushfire
For now, Council meetings are being held on video chat software and webcast online.
- Find out how to join or watch on our Council Meetings page.
- Public access sessions are also held using web chat software. Visit our public access sessions page for dates and how to participate.
- You can contact councillors by phone or email.
Local government elections
The next election for Eurobodalla Shire Council is on Saturday 4 September 2021.
Local government elections in NSW are held every 4 years. Due to the 2020 election being postponed by a year, the current Council will remain for a 5-year term and the new Council that is elected at the 2021 election will serve for a 3-year term.
For all enquiries relating to the upcoming Local Government Elections:
The safety and wellbeing of our community and staff is always Council’s number one priority. We are closed some public facilities and Council offices, those that remain open have additional safety measures for customers and staff:
- Most Council staff have returned to office work areas, some staff members that can work remotely or from home are being supported to continue this arrangement.
- We have asked our staff still attending work areas to remain home if they are unwell or have recently visited declared COVID-19 hotspots.
- We have increased disinfectant cleaning at our main offices and facilities.
- Public toilet cleaning schedules continue unchanged. We don’t supply soap dispensers in public toilets because of the cost of frequent vandalism. Please use your personal hand sanitiser.
- NSW Sewage Surveillance Program: 52 sewage treatment plants in NSW, including Batemans Bay, provide samples to NSW Health to test for COVID-19. Testing can provide early warning of an increase in infections.