In NSW, local councils are not medical authorities, so it is important to get information about COVID-19 from NSW Health (including the Southern NSW Local Health District) and the NSW Premier.
- Decisions relating to business and border restrictions will be made by the NSW and Australian governments.
- Links to relevant websites are available on this page, along with information about Council services.
- Eurobodalla Council is following the NSW Premier's advice about COVID-19 safety, with the aim of maintaining a balance of community safety and social wellbeing.
Last updated: Friday 17 September 2021, 6.20am
Batemans Bay COVID-19 cases and contact venues
- Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) has confirmed additional COVID-19 contact venues in Batemans Bay.
- SNSWLHD and the NSW Government will continue to update contact venues on their websites. Please check regularly and follow any listed health advice:
Stay-at-home restrictions for Eurobodalla
- Eurobodalla Local Government Area remains under stay-at-home restrictions for now.
- Visit the NSW Government's website for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19, case locations, testing clinics, support payments, and what you can and can't do under the current rules:
For more information about COVID-19
- NSW Government: What you can and can't do under the current restrictions
- NSW Government: Current case locations and what to do if you have visited an affected area
- NSW Health: Daily COVID-19 update
- NSW Health: Find a COVID-19 testing clinic
- Australian Government 24-hour helpline: 1800 020 080
- Southern NSW Local Health District: COVID-19 status updates
- Southern NSW Local Health District facebook page: local updates and advice
Information about Council services
Essential services such as household bin collection, water, sewer, and most administrative services are operating as usual.
Closed to the public:
- Council's administration centre at Moruya
- Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma depots
- Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma Libraries
- Dr Mackay Community Centre at Moruya
- Council's waste facilities (open only for industrial and commercial contractors and for households not on the domestic waste service collection).
- The Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden
- Eurobodalla Bushfire Recovery Support service shopfront in Moruya
- All public buildings and hireable spaces will be unavailable and existing bookings through the lockdown period will be cancelled.
The following services will continue to operate:
- Moruya Airport will be open for scheduled flights
- Domestic waste collection services to continue as normal
- Council’s Family Day Care and Out of School Hours services will continue to operate for families who really need care.
- Essential community care services
Rates, water, bins:
- Check your rates notices
- Pay your rates or water bill online using BPay or with your credit card over the phone: 13 18 16
- Request a replacement for missing or damaged household bins, or additional bins: 4474 1024
- Report a missed bin collection: 4474 8333
Apply for something:
- Apply for grants
- Apply for water rebates
- View and submit tenders
- Apply for jobs at Council
- Find the application form you need
Development and planning:
- Apply for planning certificates and Development Applications
- Track your Development Application
- Ask us your planning questions: 4474 1231
For local businesses:
- Apply for financial assistance via Service NSW
- Apply for the Development Application (DA) Fee Rebate for bushfire rebuilds
- Use the Service NSW disaster assistance finder for other support
- Find out about clean-up schedules on the NSW Bushfire Clean-Up Info Hub
- Find mental health support options through Coordinare's dedicated website
- Find out about rebuilding and repairing after bushfire
For now, Council meetings are being held on video chat software and webcast online.
- Find out how to join or watch on our Council Meetings page.
- Public access sessions are also held using web chat software. Visit our public access sessions page for dates and how to participate.
- You can contact councillors by phone or email.
Local government elections
The next election for Eurobodalla Shire Council has been psotponed from Saturday 4 September until 4 December 2021.
Local government elections in NSW are held every 4 years. Due to the 2020 election being postponed by a year, the current Council will remain for a 5-year term and the new Council that is elected at the 2021 election will serve for a 3-year term.
For all enquiries relating to the upcoming Local Government Elections:
The safety and wellbeing of our community and staff is always Council’s number one priority.
While the stay-at-home order is in effect for all of NSW, all of Council's customer service areas and buildings are closed. Essential services continue to operate, and you can carry out your business with us online or over the phone.
- All staff members who can work remotely or from home are being supported to do so.
- Any staff who cannot work from home must follow COVID safety plans relevant to their worksite. This includes wearing face masks in any indoor areas.
- Everyone, including staff, must check in and out using the QR codes available at the entrances to Council buildings.
- We have increased disinfectant cleaning at our main offices and facilities.
- Public toilet cleaning schedules continue unchanged. We don’t supply soap dispensers in public toilets because of the cost of frequent vandalism. Please use your personal hand sanitiser.
- NSW Sewage Surveillance Program: 52 sewage treatment plants in NSW, including Batemans Bay, provide samples to NSW Health to test for COVID-19. Testing can provide early warning of an increase in infections.