banner image


You can lodge and track development applications online. If you are a purchaser or developer, you can make initial enquiries about the property you're interested in using tools on this page to find out about:

  • zoning
  • building height restrictions
  • applicable Development Control Plans (DCPs)
  • types of development that can be undertaken on a property.

Lodge your application on the NSW Planning Portal

From 1 July 2021, applications such as Development Applications and post-consent certificates must be lodged via the NSW Government's Planning Portal. From 1 July 2021 the NSW Planning Portal is the only way you can lodge these applications:

Once you have submitted your application, you can track its progress by using our DA tracker.

You can find out more about the Development Application process and guidelines for lodging your application on the NSW Planning Portal on our DA process page.

Lodge your certificates and searches on eServices

You can lodge applications for various certificates and searches direct with Council on our online eServices system:

How to lodge my application online

  1. Register for an eProperty user account to start your application.
  2. Log in to submit the online application form.
  3. Complete and submit your application.
  4. Pay for your application.
  5. Once processed, your certificate or search will be issued to you by email.

More online tools

GIS mapping tool

Council's Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping tool provides information relating to property boundaries, imagery, and town planning schemes:

NSW Planning Portal

The NSW Planning Portal allows you to determine the types of development that can be undertaken on your property, and other information to consider when planning your development, like bushfire and flooding risks.

DA tracker

Use our DA tracking tool to check the progress of development applications and construction certificates:

Development proposals on exhibition

Council's Community Engagement Framework and Participation Plan requires the notification or advertisement of certain development applications.

These applications are exhibited to the public during a notification period for community members to view and give feedback online.


During the notification period, community members can give feedback about a proposal by making a written submission to Council through our online development proposal exhibition page. The assessing officer will review any submissions and may ask the applicant of the proposal to consider and respond to the issues raised before the application is determined.

Register of DAs with variations to development standards

Development proposals need to be prepared with reference to development standards in all relevant environmental plans. The relevant plan for Eurobodalla Shire is the Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012. This plan provides the zoning for each site and sets out key development standards which include building heights and minimum lot sizes.

In order to vary any of these development standards, the applicant's DA needs to address them under Clause 4.6 of the Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012. This clause gives the applicant the opportunity to demonstrate that the variation to the development standard(s) is justifiable in the specific circumstance.

You can view a list of development applications where consent has been granted with a variation to development standard SEPP1 or Clause 4.6.

View the Register of DAs with variations to development standards.

We can help you

For assistance using the NSW Planning Portal please contact Service NSW:

If you would like to discuss the details of your application or supporting documents you need to lodge, please contact Council's Development Help Desk: