Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
To seek opportunities to improve access to Council facilities and services and, with Council’s support, to raise awareness of issues facing people with disability and to advocate for people with disability living in and visiting Eurobodalla.
- To provide input to the Disability Inclusion Action Plan prior to its final consideration by Council.
- To assist Council with the implementation of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan.
- To assist Council in the review and identification of Council’s current and future disability access and equity issues, including the provision of information and resources to the public. Title and Delegations
- The committee shall be referred to as the Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- The committee shall function as a non-delegated advisory committee of Council.
The committee shall consist of the following voting members:
- Up to eight (8) community representatives who have a disability or have specialist knowledge or interest in disability issues (selected by Council from nominations). Up to three (3) of the community positions may be filled by individuals who work in a disability related area.
- One Councillor, plus one designated alternate (selected by Council). Council staff (selected by Director - Community, Arts and Recreation Services) – will provide technical advice and guidance but will not have voting rights on the committee. Delegations of Committee To advise Council.
Contact officer for the committee is Director – Community, Arts and Recreation Services.
Variation to the terms of reference
The Terms of Reference may be added to, repealed or amended by resolution of the Council, in consultation with or upon the recommendation of the committee.
The Committee is governed by the Guidelines for meeting practice – Advisory Committee.
- Council's Code of Meeting Practice (1.0 MB)
- Division of Local Government Model Code of Conduct for Local Councils in NSW
- Council's strategies