Council's Active Living program offers a range of individual and group activities to help seniors form friendships and connect with the local community. Our qualified and experienced staff and volunteers provide services based on individual needs.
We can partner you with a friendly volunteer to provide regular help with shopping, attending appointments and other errands, or companionship and a chat over a cuppa.
Social support groups
Our Active Living program hosts a variety of groups that go on outings to local venues such as galleries, movies, clubs and cafés. Other groups meet at the Dr Mackay Community Centre in Moruya to play games, quizzes, take part in arts and craft activities or get together over lunch.
If you require transport to attend any of these group activities, our Community Transport staff can help you.
How to access these services
The Active Living program is available in one of two ways:
- Access to our services at subsidised rates for people over 65 years of age (over 50 years of age for Aboriginal people) by arranging a referral from My Aged Care:
T: 1800 200 422
- If you are not eligible for subsidies through My Aged Care, you can purchase our services by contacting us directly to sign up:
T: 4474 1300
E: Active Living
We offer a number of group activities.
For everyone's safety, we ask participants to follow the NSW Government guidelines by:
- keeping 1.5 metres apart from others
- washing hands thoroughly before and after attending
- using the hand sanitiser provided
- registering details
- staying home if feeling unwell.
To find out more, of if you have any queries regarding eligibility, contact the friendly Active Living team:
- T: 4474 1300
- E: Active Living
- Dr Mackay Community Centre
9 Page Street, Moruya