Sea level rise forum 2014
On 28 April 2014, the community was invited to a forum on sea level rise in Batemans Bay. We organised the forum to help the community understand some of the issues and science around sea level rise discussion on the science of sea level rise locally.
The forum was delivered by a panel of expert speakers
- Dr John Church, leader of the CSIRO's Coasts and Sea Level team
- Mr Karl Sullivan, the general manager of Policy Risk and Disaster at the Insurance Council of Australia
- Mr Edward Couriel, the principal engineer of the Manly Hydraulics Labratory.
- Mr Phil Watson, principal coastal specialist at the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage.
Topics such as insuring coastal properties, NSW government policy, historic monitoring of local tidal levels and global and regional sea level rise projections were discussed by the panel of expert speakers.
- Dr John Church CSIRO (2.8 MB)
- Mr Edward Couriel MHL (1.9 MB)
- Phil Watson Principal Coast Specialist (1.3 MB)
As of 1 March 2022, the 45 existing State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) have been consolidated into 11 policies.
Any references on this page to any of the amended SEPPs outlined on the Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure's website should be replaced with the new applicable consolidated policy.
You can watch the first presentation from Dr John Church on this page, and you can view all of the videos from the forum our YouTube playlist: "Sea Level Rise Community Forum"