New footpaths to connect key locations
14 December 2022
New funding will enable improved pedestrian access to key destinations at five locations within Eurobodalla says Council’s director of infrastructure Tony Swallow.
The grants were secured under the Get NSW Active Program. Mr Swallow said the $1,350,000 of state money would be supplemented by $65,000 from Council.
“These paths are important links that improve safety, accessibility and social outcomes, and encourage walking and cycling for leisure, health and commuting,” Mr Swallow said.
The five new paths are:
- Along Northcove Road extending the link between Long Beach to Maloneys Beach, providing safe pedestrian access to local businesses, public toilets and beaches
- Between Beach Road at Surf Beach to Carramar Drive at Lilli Pilli to fill in the missing link in uninterrupted pedestrian access from Lilli Pilli to the Batemans Bay CBD
- Along Sylvan Street at Malua Bay to provide safe access to the shops and foreshore
- Along Hawkins and Evans Roads at Tuross Head to connect the shopping precinct to the existing path at One-tree point.
- Corunna Street and Tilba Streets in Narooma to connect the community to the surf beach, tourist parks and golf course.
For more information about pathways in Eurobodalla, visit the Parking, pathways and traffic page.
Don’t miss out on Council news and events, subscribe to our monthly email newsletter.