Local government is an elected system of government directly accountable to the local community.
The elected representatives, known as councillors, work together to provide good governance for the benefit of their local community.
2021 NSW Local Government Elections
The next election for Eurobodalla Shire Council will be held on Saturday 4 September 2021.
Local government elections in NSW are held every 4 years. Due to the 2020 election being postponed by a year, the current Council will remain for a 5-year term and the new Council that is elected at the 2021 election will serve for a 3-year term.
Enrolling and voting
Visit the NSW Electoral Commission website to:
- check if you are enrolled to vote in future elections (enter your details exactly as they appear on the electoral roll to confirm if you are enrolled and require to vote) and sign up for election reminders
- enrol to vote if you aren't already enrolled
- find out about voting in person
- find out about other voting options.
If you are not a resident, you may be entitled to vote if you own, occupy or lease property in the local area as a corporation, business or individual.
- For more information on the non-residential register visit the NSW Electoral Commission website.
How to enrol to vote as a non-resident
If you are eligible, please complete the appropriate form:
- Non-residential Roll Individual Application (115 KB)
- Non-residential Roll Nominee Application (121 KB)
The completed form can be returned to Council by:
- post: Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, Moruya NSW 2537
- hand: Eurobodalla Shire Council, 89 Vulcan Street, Moruya NSW 2537
- email: email@example.com
This form must be received by the general manager of Eurobodalla Shire Council by 6.00pm (EST) Monday 26 July 2021.
Local Government Elections (Caretaker Period provisions)
Leading up to an election, Council will enter a caretaker period. During this time the Council cannot make any major policy decisions. Applications must be made to the Minister for Local Government for an exemption in extraordinary circumstances should any decision need to be made.
The caretaker period will commence at 12.01am on Saturday 7 August until 6.00pm on Saturday 4 September 2021.
Although the official caretaker period ends at 6.00pm on the day of the Election, Council will not be responsible for making any decision until at least its first official Ordinary Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday 12 October 2021; prior to which all newly or re-elected Councillors will commence a formal induction process.
Previous election results
General election enquiries
For general enquiries concerning enrolment, voting options, and polling place locations, please call the NSW Electoral Commission:
- T: 1300 135 736
- W: NSW Electoral Commission website