Event locations and facilities
Within the Eurobodalla Shire there are a number of parks, gardens and facilities that you can book for events. Availability varies depending on the type of event or activity.
Council’s most utilised venues include:
- Mackay Park
- Corrigans Beach Reserve
- Hanging Rock
- Riverside Park
- Moruya Showground
- Bill Smyth Oval
- Gundary Oval
- NATA Oval
- Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden
Community centres available for hire, you can view details and inclusions for each facility on the community centres and halls page.
Council’s parks and sport grounds are environmentally sensitive venues. Because of this, event organisers must outline what steps will be taken to ensure protection of the turf, trees, heritage features and park facilities during bump in, bump out and the duration of the event. Organisers should consider:
- Irrigation lines: If temporary structures are being erected, underground irrigation lines must be marked out by Council prior to erection to avoid damage. For Council underground assets contact Council on 02 4474 1391.
- Dial-Before-You-Dig requirements: If any structure is to be pegged or staked in the ground, the event organiser is required to confirm with Eurobodalla Shire Council and call Dial Before You Dig on 1100 or refer to Dial before you dig to obtain the relevant plans.
How to book a venue
To make a venue booking, or to arrange a site visit, please contact the Eurobodalla Booking office:
- E: booking office
- T: 02 4474 7447
Book sites to display promotional banners and signs
- Council has a number of sites available for erection of promotional banners and signs. Banner sites can be booked three weeks prior to your event start date.
- You must include your Certificate of Currency demonstrating a minimum of $20 million Public Liability insurance cover with your request.
- Banner sites are able to be booked to promote your event for two weeks prior to your event date.
- For information on site locations and how to book, please contact Council on 02 4474 1000.
Cancellation due to ground conditions
Eurobodalla Shire Council reserves the right to cancel an event scheduled to be held on Council Land if the ground conditions are considered to be unsuitable to sustain an event.