Batemans Bay Heritage Museum
- 3 Museum Place, Batemans Bay
- PO Box 448, Batemans Bay NSW 2536
- T: 02 4472 1635
- W: Batemans Bay Heritage Museum
Moruya and District Historical Society and Museum
- 85 Campbell Street, Moruya
- PO Box 259, Moruya NSW 2537
- T: 02 4474 3224
- W: Moruya and District Historical Society and Museum website
Narooma Historical Society
- PO Box 439, Narooma NSW 2546
- E: Narooma Historical Society
Narooma museum items are displayed at
- Lighthouse Museum, 45 Princes Highway, Narooma NSW 2546
Grants and resources
People with properties that are heritage listed or in a heritage conservation area can participate in grant programs that help preserve and celebrate Eurobodalla's cultural heritage:
- Local Heritage grants
- NAIDOC Week activity grants
- Fergus Thomson Heritage Award
You can also access resources to explore different aspects of heritage and conservation:
- Heritage consultants directory
- Heritage NSW
- Heritage NSW: Heritage listing explained - What it means for you
- A guide to Heritage Impact Statements
Eurobodalla Council's Heritage Advisory Committee and Aboriginal Advisory Committee work with us to ensure that our heritage work is aligned with the needs and desires of the wider community.
Local strategies and plans
Eurobodalla Heritage Strategy
The Eurobodalla Heritage Strategy guides Council and the community in the recognition and preservation of our cultural heritage.
Conservation management plans
Eurobodalla's conservation management plans set out what is signiﬁcant about a place and what management actions are appropriate to enable that signiﬁcance to be retained in its future use and development.
For most of these local places, the conservation management plan deals with the management of change.
Former Mechanic's Institute and School of Arts
Moruya Heads Pilot Station
This plan was prepared in response to a brief by the National Parks and Wildlife Service. A copy of the plan is held at Council's Customer Service Centre, Moruya.
Moruya Quarry and Wharf
This plan was prepared in response to a brief by the NSW Department of Lands. A copy of the plan is held at Council's Customer Service Centre, Moruya.
Nerrigundah (Pollock's) Store (destroyed by bushfire January 2020)
This Conservation Management Plan (CMP) presented information in relation of the owner's wish to seek consent, under Clause 28D of Eurobodalla Rural Local Environmental Plan 1987, to establish a new use for the commercial area of the property. The use was prohibited at the time.
For more information please contact Council's Strategy Planner:
- T: 02 4474 1324
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org