Coastal and Environment Management Advisory Committee
This committee is an important part of how Council ensures the community is able to contribute to decisions about coastal management in Eurobodalla Shire.
The Coastal and Environment Management Advisory Committee provides feedback to Council about coastal and flood management and includes representatives from community groups, government agencies and the local scientific community.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference outline the committee's purpose and the terms that guide its operation. It includes how often the committee should meet, what groups are represented and what government agencies are invited to attend.
- Read the Coastal and Environment Management Advisory Committee's terms of reference
- Download the Coastal and Environment Management Advisory Committee's terms of reference (2.0 MB)
- Download the guidelines for meeting practice for advisory committees (235.4 KB)
- Councillor Alison Worthington (chair) and Councillor Amber Schutz.
- Ten community members who have been nominated by a community or business group preferably with wide membership.
- One representative forwarded by the Aboriginal Advisory Committee.
- Two science professionals, preferably with a specialty in coastal geomorphology, flooding and climate change.
- Staff from Council, NSW Government agencies and Bega Valley Shire Council will attend to provide technical advice and guidance but will not have voting rights on the committee.
- Bega and Shoalhaven councils are invited to attend some of the meetings to share their experiences managing similar coastal issues.
- NSW Government agencies:
- department of planning and environment
- crown lands division
- energy and environment science division
- planning and policy division
- national parks and wildlife service
- department of primary industries - fisheries
- department of primary industries - Batemans marine park
- state emergency service
- south east local land services.
For more information, contact Council's Coastal Management Planner, Cameron Whiting:
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: Council@esc.nsw.gov.au