Our Youth Cafes are for anyone aged 12 to 17 to come and hang out, have dinner, join in regular activities and competitions, and get involved in community projects.
The cafes are free, supervised by youth workers and volunteers, and you can get a taxi home for $2.
Walawaani Garindja Youth Cafe
- Where: Gundary Club House, Gundary Oval, Campbell Street, Moruya
- When: Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3.30pm to 6pm
- Contact: PCYC, Youth Worker:
- T: 0482 161 306
- E: Julia Wilson
Narooma Youth Cafe
- Where: Adjacent to Narooma Library, Field Street, Narooma
- When: Fridays, 3.30-8.30pm
- T: 4474 7422
- E: Michaela Burtenshaw
How we operate
- We provide a safe, supervised environment.
- Everyone must sign in when they arrive.
- We expect young people and their families to follow the Youth Cafe rules.
- The cafes are for young people, so we do not allow adults on site without approval. This includes parents, older friends or people working for other agencies.
- Staff are not authorised to keep young people at the Youth Cafe if they don't want to be there, even at the request of parents.
- Supervision does not extend off-site if young people choose to leave the Youth Cafe.
- Youth Cafe staff will not get involved in or take responsibility for issues that occur outside of Cafe activities or operation times.
- For $2, young people can be taxied to their door at the end of the evening.
Please follow the NSW Government COVID-19 rules and regulations.
Volunteer at the Youth Cafes
We ❤️ our volunteers, and the Youth Cafes could not operate without them.
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer at the Youth Cafes, get in touch with our Youth Development Officer, Michaela Burtenshaw:
- T: 4474 7422
- E: MIchaela Burtenshaw