Sea level rise forum 2014
On 28 April 2014, the community was invited to a forum on sea level rise in Batemans Bay. We organised the forum to help the community understand some of the issues and science around sea level rise discussion on the science of sea level rise locally.
The forum was delivered by a panel of expert speakers
- Dr John Church, leader of the CSIRO's Coasts and Sea Level team
- Mr Karl Sullivan, the general manager of Policy Risk and Disaster at the Insurance Council of Australia
- Mr Edward Couriel, the principal engineer of the Manly Hydraulics Labratory.
- Mr Phil Watson, principal coastal specialist at the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage.
Topics such as insuring coastal properties, NSW government policy, historic monitoring of local tidal levels and global and regional sea level rise projections were discussed by the panel of expert speakers.
- Dr John Church CSIRO (2.8 MB)
- Mr Edward Couriel MHL (1.9 MB)
- Phil Watson Principal Coast Specialist (1.3 MB)
A full recording of the forum can be viewed by speaker and question and answer sessions.
You can watch the first presentation from Dr John Church here, and you can view all of the videos from the forum our YouTube playlist: "Sea Level Rise Community Forum"