Wondering what to do with your soft plastics?
Published: 16 November 2022
Are you wondering what to do with your soft plastics?
While REDcycle’s collection program is temporarily paused, there are no soft plastic drop-off points at Woolworths and Coles.
In the short term, please place your soft plastics in the red lid bin or try avoiding them all together.
Here are some tips:
- Don’t place soft plastics in the recycling bin
- When purchasing items consider products that have no plastic packaging or those that can be repurposed or recycled
- Put your shopping directly in the trolley or in reusable bags
- Use reusable food wraps or containers for school and work lunches
- If you can’t avoid plastic, save it and reuse it.
REDcycle has informed the community that they are working with NSW Government and other partners towards having the program back up and running as soon as possible.
For more information, visit REDcycle's website.
Don’t miss out on Council news and events, subscribe to our monthly email newsletter.