National Parks and state forests

National Parks

If you are holding your event in a National Park you may need approval from NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), when your event matches one of the following:

  • more than 150 people
  • exclusive use
  • crosses multiple NPWS Areas
  • high environmental impact
  • imposed by another government agency

Information, including the application, is on the National Parks and Wildlife Service website. Applications should be received at least three (3) months in advance of the event to allow adequate time for the review process. There are fees associated with this application process.

For applications that do not trigger any of the above, contact your Local NPWS Area Office for a small-scale application form. If unsure if the above applies email National Parks and Wildlife Service.

State forests

Forest permits are required for events and activities held in a state forest. The NSW Forestry Corporation asks you contact your closest Forestry Corporation office to discuss your proposed activity or event before applying for a Forest Permit.

A minimum of four (4) weeks is required by the NSW Forestry Corporation for a permit application to be assessed. Forest Permits attract fees based on the nature, intensity and number of people involved.

For more information on permits, visit Forestry Corporation permits - events and activities.