Food and drink

Temporary food stalls

Operating a food stall at an event falls under the classification of a ‘temporary food business’. All food businesses under this classification:

All food businesses must register with Council to maintain their responsibility to sell safe and suitable food, and effectively demonstrate management of food safety risks. Different rules apply to mobile food vendors.

It is the event organiser’s responsibility to ensure that all stallholders are registered and that details of all food business are submitted to Council at least five (5) days prior to the event start date. You may also be requested to provide information to Council on your on food stalls.

For more information, please visit the NSW Government Food Authority website or contact Council’s Public and Environmental Health and Compliance Unit on (02) 4474 1310.

Serving alcohol at events

Organising an event where liquor will be sold will require a limited licence under the Liquor Act 2007.

To sell alcohol at your event you are required to:

  • notify local police and Council at least four months (16 weeks) prior to your event start date
  • make in writing any requests for suspending an Alcohol Free Zone or part thereof, to Council at least three months (12 weeks) prior to your event start date
  • obtain a licence from Liquor and Gaming NSW. Visit Liquor and Gaming for more information on obtaining and applying for a licence. Please lodge your application at least 30 days prior to your event start date.

Council will need to see evidence of your liquor licence prior to your event start date.

Anyone serving alcohol at your event is required to be Responsible Service of Alcohol qualified (RSA). RSA courses are held regularly in Eurobodalla, check with your local education provider for details.

If alcohol is served at your event, it is a legal requirement that potable drinking water is always available and free of charge to attendees.