For all road closures or traffic stoppages, Eurobodalla Shire Council requires you to submit an approved traffic management plan. Your traffic plan must include:
- Locations of road closures
- Timings of road closures and re-openings
- How you will manage the road closures and openings
- Impact on public transport operators and routes.
When submitting your traffic management plan, you will also be required to submit your event site plan, risk management plan, insurance Certificate of Currency and appropriate traffic control plans.
All traffic management plans will be assessed by the Local Traffic Committee, which comprises representatives from Eurobodalla Shire Council, NSW Police, RMS, a local councillor and the local state member of Parliament. Please note this process requires a minimum of four months (16 weeks) to allow for meeting schedules of the committee, as well as the notification period for NSW Police.
All event organisers must refer to the Guide to Traffic and Transport Management for Special Events when considering traffic impacts. Compiled by the NSW Police, Local Government and Roads and Maritime Services, the guide points out statutory requirements where they exist and makes best-practice recommendations where they do not.
Council strongly recommends all events employ a qualified person authorised by Roads and Maritime to complete the event traffic management plan.
All events that require a traffic management plan will also require a NSW Police notification.
Vehicle races, including bicycles
Where a vehicle race (including bicycles) is proposed, a separate application is required, under Section 40 of the Road Transport (Safety and Traffic Management) Act, 1999. Further information is available under NSW guidelines for bicycle road races.
- Traffic Management Plan - a detailed proposal for the management of traffic.
- Traffic Control Plans - a series of plan(s) that diagrammatically depict the traffic controls that will be implemented. These plans must be prepared and signed off by a person with a current RMS qualification.