Bill Smyth Oval upgrade
Projects: Implement recreation upgrades from the Bill Smyth Oval landscape masterplan including a new multisport synthetic court and a second playing field.
Funding: These projects are being delivered with the help of the Australian Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program, the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund, and Council funding.
Last updated: April 2022
The Bill Smyth Oval Landscape Masterplan was developed as part of the Narooma Sport and Leisure Precinct Plan of Management adopted by Council 2020.
We are progressing a number of the recommendations of this plan including:
- a fenced, lit, synthetic court with reversible goal post for netball and basketball
- formalisation of the car park to service the new multi-sport court and existing tennis courts
- establishment of a lit, competition-sized rugby league field to the south of the existing field.
April 2022: Construction of the carpark and multisport court is underway. The court is due for completion by the second half of 2022. Council has commenced detailed design of the second playing field and construction is anticipated to start in late 2023.
Council will engage with sporting user groups to minimise the impact of construction activities on competition play.
- Bill Smyth Oval Landscape Masterplan (8.2 MB)
- Narooma Sport and Leisure Precinct Plan of Management (14.6 MB)
For more information, please contact Recreation Services
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: Recreation Services