Seniors' Festival Grant terms and conditions and guidelines
Grants are generally up to a maximum of $500 (Council reserves the right to allocate more or less funding to any application).
Council is not obliged to give the full amount nominated in your application. Your group should have alternate plans for funding its planned activity.
Applications must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Seniors' Festival grants must be used during the Seniors Festival 2023.
- Your group needs to be not-for-profit and either incorporated or able to prove that they are a bona fide Eurobodalla based community group.
- The funding must be used for the project described on the application form and take place in the Eurobodalla Shire. Funds are not transferable to another organisation or project.
- Eurobodalla Shire Council accepts no responsibility for activities conducted through its' grant programs.
- Your group can give some financial support or volunteer labour to the activity.
- Your group can show that it has adequate insurance coverage for the activity.
- Your group does not have any outstanding debts to council.
Your group will use the grant to achieve one or more of the following outcomes in your local community:
- celebrate older people and their contribution to the community
- create intergenerational opportunities for social interaction
- encourage seniors to be healthy and active
- encourage lifelong learning
- promote and celebrate the cultural diversity of older people in our community
- improve access and / or encourage people with disability to participate
- raise community awareness of the benefits of positive and active ageing.
Some examples of costs the grant can be put towards include:
- hiring or purchasing a new piece of equipment
- promoting and running an activity or event
- volunteer donations
- training staff
- items that help deliver a Seniors Festival activity
- facilitation fees.
Grant funding is not available for:
- rental costs, i.e. room or venue hire
- projects will not be funded in retrospect, that is your activity must occur after the grant has been issued
- annual running costs e.g. insurance, incorporation fees
- improvement works on private property
- the benefit of an individual
- wages or salary.
Successful applicants are required to:
- provide bank details for electronic transfer of funds
- sign and comply with the funding agreement accepting the conditions of funding
- sign a waiver prior to the grant monies being issued - the waiver absolves Eurobodalla Shire Council of all liability in relation to your group's grant funded activity
- give appropriate acknowledgment of Council's support for the project
- provide Council with information on how the grant was spent with information including positive outcomes of the activity, pictures or a report via email to: Gerard.Dennis@esc.nsw.gov.au by 31 December 2023.
Applications will be assessed on merit and available funding, community priorities and participation.
Activities that have been previously funded by a Seniors Festival Grant or applications from Government-funded organisations will be viewed as a low priority.
For more information please contact Council's Community Development Officer, Gerard Dennis:
- E: Gerard Dennis
- T: 02 4474 1081
- M: 0400 819 504
Council is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information (being information capable of identifying you as an individual).
We follow fair information usage and handling practices to comply with our obligations under the Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998 NSW (PPIP Act) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 NSW (HRIP Act). We have developed a detailed Privacy Management Plan (based on a model provided by the NSW Office of Local Government and the Privacy Commissioner) to outline our approach to privacy and information protection.
Personal information will be used only for the purpose/s intended and where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our Privacy statement explains how your personal information will be treated when you interact with Council.