Seniors' Festival grants
The Seniors' Festival Grant assists local community groups to deliver activities or events for the annual festival.
The 2023 Seniors’ Festival held from Wednesday 1 February to Sunday 12 February, provides opportunities for people over 60 to remain active, healthy and engaged in their local community.
Grants up to $500 are available for not-for-profit community groups to put towards the costs of hosting an event or activity for next year's festival.
Some examples of costs the grant can be put towards include:
- hiring or purchasing a new piece of equipment
- promotion of an event or an activity
- running an event or activity
- volunteers' donations
- workshops, classes, or sessions
- training staff
- facilitation fees
- other items that help deliver activities.
Grant funding is not available for:
- rental costs, i.e. room or venue hire
- annual running costs e.g. insurance, incorporation fees
- improvement works on private property
- the benefit of an individual
- retrospective projects, that is your activity must occur after the grant has been issued
- wages or salary.
Applications are closed
- Applications closed Monday 31 October 2022, 3pm.
- Read the grant terms and conditions
- Applications open Monday 12 September 2022, 10am.
- Applications close Monday 31 October 2022, 3pm.
- Applications will be assessed by end of December 2022.
- Applicants will be notified of results and grants issued to successful applicants by end of January 2023.
For more information please contact Council's Community Development Officer, Gerard Dennis:
- E: Gerard Dennis
- T: 4474 1081
- M: 0400 819 504