Public access session
Council will hold a public access session once per month, prior to the commencement of briefing sessions, for members of the public to raise any Council related issues with Councillors, which have not been previously determined by Council.
The public access session commences at 9.15am unless there are no speakers registered. Public Access sessions are being be held on the video platform Zoom and webcast over the internet.
Community members wishing to participate in the Public Access Sessions will need a computer or device with video and audio capabilities – find out how to get started on the Zoom website.
Public Access Session dates for 2021
- 2 February 2021
- 2 March 2021
- 20 April 2021
- 4 May 2021
- 1 June 2021
- 6 July 2021
- 5 October 2021
- 16 November 2021
- 7 December 2021
Presenting at a session
To present at a public access session, please register by 12pm on the business day prior and provide a written copy of the presentation.
If the Monday before the public access session is a public holiday, you will need to register by 12pm on the Friday before the briefing session.
One hour will be allocated to the public access session. If there are more speakers registered than time permits, Council could resolve to extend the public access session for 15 minutes only. Any speakers who have not presented due to time constraints will be scheduled first on the list for the next available public access session.
Register by contacting Council’s Executive Services Office:
- T: 02 4474 1358
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for speakers
When you are speaking in the public access session, please:
- turn off your mobile phone and pagers
- remember that each speaker only has seven minutes
- resist from making personal or derogatory comments
- provide your presentation in writing, 12pm the business day prior
Councillors, staff and members of the public are bound by the Code of Meeting Practice and must show mutual respect for one another.
- Presenter - 28 May 2019
- Peter Bernard - 26 March 2019
- Jim Bright - 26 February 2019
- Trish Hellier - 26 February 2019
- Lei Parker - 23 July 2019
- Sharon Parrish - 23 July 2019
- Allison Rowe - 20 August 2019
- Judy Smith - 19 November 2019
- Bernie Perrett - 17 September 2019
- Deirdre Rogers - 12 March 2019
- Brett Norton - 12 February 2019
- Maureen Searson - 12 February 2019
- Linda Chapman - 12 February 2019
- Joan Armstrong - 12 February 2019
- Jonathan Mobbs - 12 February 2019
- Trish Hellier - 11 June 2019
- Trish Hellier - 9 April 2019
- Lei Parker - 3 December 2019
- Brett Stevenson - 3 December 2019